After reading http://www.imaynotbeperfect.com/ (Erin's) and http://tinagray.me/ (Tina's) blogs on people portraying themselves as having a perfect life (when we all know that is not the reality), I thought I would jump on the bandwagon too and share some of the imperfections in my own life.
I have been accused in the past of being "Little Miss Perfect" (by my own sister who of all people should know better) because I look for the positive in everything and because I am one of these eternally cheerful people.
So, after a big breath, here we go:
1. I yell. Sometimes a lot. Our 2 year old says "Mum stop yelling to me". How bad does that make me feel?
2. I am too trusting - I trust everyone until they give me reason not to (regardless of reasons they may have given others not to trust them). I need to learn to be more wary and maybe a bit more reserved.
3. I don't often have an opinion on things, nor am I good at decision making. When I was growing up all my decisions were made for me by my strict mother & we weren't allowed to have opinions, we just had to do as we were told. So I was never taught the self confidence to be able to do this.
4. I am lazy when it comes to housework. That's why I get so excited when I read ideas on how to make running a household easier (call it decrapifying or decluttering or whatever).
5. I have 20 kg to lose and have struggled with my weight all my life. Sound familiar? I have lost it 3 times already but I keep allowing it to come back. Maybe it's that whole self confidence thing again.
6. I rarely allow myself to have a day when I feel low, telling myself to snap out of it coz there is always someone out there worse off than I am.. Maybe I need to let myself feel sad sometimes because I know that one day it will all catch up with me otherwise & I will be a basket case. A couple of times in my life I have had what I call mini meltdowns and not always realised until afterwards. Maybe it's time to put myself first a bit more often.
7. I don't have the perfect husband,, nor does he have the perfect wife. But we love each other. We have been married since 1992 & almost split up in 1996 when our first child was 6 months old.
8. We overspend. Continually. Sure we have a big house but we also have a big mortgage.
9. I also struggle to keep up the washing & folding. I do not iron as such. I get the board out every day & iron the school uniforms. My mother, mother in law & babysitter all fold washing when they visit - they probably feel sorry for me!
10. I sometimes wish for time away from my family even though they are my life.
That's what I have come up with for now, but I'm sure I will think of more.....