Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lunchbox friendliness (a review)

Whose school is a nut free environment?

Our preschools and primary schools have been as long as my kids have been going to school.

Which is about 14 years now.

I know how hard it is to find a school friendly snack.

I know how hard it is to keep lunchboxes interesting.

I also know a good thing when I see it. And try it.


Now, I have reviewed Table of Plenty's foods before.

Here and here.

I am a fan.

I like that there is a family's story behind the company. It came about out of necessity for this family.

Table of Plenty strive to avoid problematic ingredients like wheat, soy, dairy, nuts & sulphites.

Makes them lunchbox friendly.

Muesli bars no longer have to be a "no no" at school.

We got to try both flavours - Berry Blast and Cocoa Crush.

Cocoa crush, being chocolate flavoured, is definitely my favourite. I am not a huge berry fan (unless you are talking in the form of fresh fruit), but these actually tasted quite good. They surprised me.

Low in fat, low in sugar and preservative free, yet high in flavour.

And made with totally natural wholegrains and less than 100 calories each bar, these are a winner in my book!

You can buy Table of Plenty's NoNo's only at Woolworths for $4.25 for a box of 6.

What do you look for in a lunchbox snack?

Karen.

Disclaimer: I was sent Table of Plenty's NoNo's bars for the purpose of product review. I have not been paid for this post. Opinions expressed are my own.


No comments: