Sunday, August 28, 2011

This Week's Menu @ Cafe A'la Leschnik

I seem to spend lots of time racking my brains trying to work out what to have for dinner. It is difficult to prepare just one meal that will be eaten by all of us, never mind trying to come up with an entire week's worth. And over and over again, not just once. It's only probably the last 12 months that I have tried to menu plan, in an effort to reduce the ridiculous amount of money we spend at the supermarket. And the amount of food that gets thrown out.

I also take into consideration my daytime commitments as to how much time I have to prepare & cook dinner. One of the pitfalls of working nights is that dinner has be on the table by 6pm if I am to leave at 6:30 to get there on time. So I prefer to get as much ready whilst the kids are at school as I can. We all know chaos reigns once the kids come home.

Here's what I've come up with for this week (I only plan dinners):

Monday - split chickens with baked pumpkin, potato & peas & corn

Tuesday - tight ass Tuesday pizzas (half price night)

Wednesday - schnitzels (crumbed by moi) with oven baked chips & peas & corn

Thursday - burger night (every week. 3 out of 4 kids have evening activities tonight so dinner has to be quick)

Friday - chilli fish with rice (probably fish fingers & chips for the youngest two kids).

I don't have anything for Saturday or Sunday nights yet. I'm working Sat night so was going to suggest a BBQ for Sun (especially if the weather is like today) but Sun is Father's Day & I don't want to put Ray to work.

What's on your plate this week? Can you suggest something for our Saturday & Sunday night dinners?

Karen xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hot dogs with bbq sauce for satday night gotta make em continental ones i reackon and for desert ya could have pavalova from woolies and if ya go at the right time youll get ya pav for just 8 bucks :) kaz riehs

rambling mum said...

sounds good Kaz.....knew it was you as soon as I read "bbq sauce"! xx