Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Home Delivery

Just took delivery of my first go at online grocery shopping.



This is a top up shop, not a full shop. I can't feed a family of 6 with only this amount of groceries. If you can, please, please, please let me know so I can get some tips from you.

I have fought the urge so many times, baulking at the higher prices that at my local Woollies, but I've hit the proverbial brick wall & can't take any more. So I succumbed & am already relieved, before I have even put any away!

The delivery driver was half an hour early - bonus! That frees me up to so an extra half an hour of blogging, facebooking, cleaning.

He brought it in & put it on my kitchen bench, although I would heve preferred it if he left his BO scent in the truck. Fruit & Veg are coming this arvo from Illawarra Fruit Direct.
 
Have you tried online shopping to free up some of your time? How do you feel about grocery shopping? Normally I love it,, but have too much on my plate right now to go out in public!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like the first time!!!
We do this every now and then if we're busy/exhausted/feeling a wee bit needy. It is amazing the amount of relief and freed-up headspace you can achieve from one afternoon of 'nothing' while someone else does your shopping. Long live the bodies behind online shopping. I know in reality they get paid (albeit probably poorly), but they really feel like angels at the time. And it's always that much of a relief - just like the first time ;D

It's Natalie your cousin - I just couldn't be bothered getting a profile! xoxo

Mum-me said...

I have been getting groceries delivered for about three years .... shopping with two toddlers and a baby was just too much for me to cope with, and I think it's a bargain when someone else will do your shopping, (no checkout to worry about) and bring i right into your kitchen for around $10. Money well spent ... don't feel guilty!